Who has changed their original HRV?

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Bob Hornby

Re: Who has changed their original HRV?

Post by Bob Hornby » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 pm

I changed my VTI-s for an RS and very happy with it.

Coatesy66

Post by Coatesy66 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:48 pm

Just changed my 66 reg Diesel S model to a 19 reg Sport model. Have to say the Diesel was a great car and only £20 tax but lacked power in my opinion hence going for the 1.5 turbo sport. Very happy but obviously filling up more regularly now going from 58 mpg to 40mpg , oh and the tax has gone up to £150. Happy so far though.

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:43 pm

I've just traded in my HR-V for another Honda. Not an HR-V but a Jazz Crosstar. It's a little smaller than the HR-V (mainly in the boot - the room for the people is generous) but big enough for our needs (we had 3 Jazzes before getting the HR-V as I wasn't happy with the Mk 3 Jazz). The Crosstar is about 30mm higher than the normal Mk 4 Jazz and that extra height is achieved by having more travel in the suspension. The roads felt a lot smoother on my journey home from the dealer in the Crosstar compared to an hour earlier when I went there in the HR-V.

The Crosstar is a hybrid and I'm targeting 70 mpg compared to the 50 mpg I averaged in my CVT HR-V. The hybrid system with a chunky electric motor also provides a willingness to respond to the accelerator which is difficult to achieve with a petrol engine without a load of revs and noise. A hybrid HR-V should appear in due course but it looks to be a the bottom of Honda's list and therefore likely 2022 (a new Civic will come first). However, I suspect that the Crosstar will eat into the HR-V's potential market so Honda will need to think about how a next-generation HR-V can slot in between the Crosstar and the CR-V. A pair of motors in the back wheels to provide an AWD capability would be one option.

I'll keep an eye on this forum in case there are questions which I can answer but I'll be spending more time at Club Jazz (which I never left).
Honda Jazz Crosstar Previously 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT

alanhr-v

Post by alanhr-v » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:57 pm

I was looking at the Crosstar when my HRV is due for a change next year but I have found my local dealer had lost its franchise and the next nearest one is 20 miles away. I have not been impressed with them in the past. When I first bought the HRV they didn't know the difference between the SE an EX models. So a complete change of brands is looking to be on the cards especially as there will be no Honda production in the UK.

Good luck with your Crosstar.
HR-V 1.5 i-VTEC EX. CVT. White Orchid Pearl.
Previous- HR-V 1.5 I-VTEC EX. MAN. Sporty Blue.
Civic 1.8 I-VTEC EX. MAN. Alabaster Siver.
Two Jazz EX

Old Badger

Post by Old Badger » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:08 am

Hi John

Looks interesting. Hope you enjoy it! Does it come with a sunroof? The reason I traded in my Jazz for an HRV was that Honda discontinued the sunroof in the Jazz which is a no-no for me.

Thinking about changing the H.RV now as it’s 4 years old. Looking at Volvo XC40 or maybe I’ll wait for the new HRV. Covid has just made the decision more complicated as my car Use has slumped dramatically. Can’t decide if there’s any point in upgrading what is an excellent car.

Regards

Graham

Technoplod

Post by Technoplod » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:27 pm

Hello everyone
Last week I collected my 4th HRV (2020 model) and this one appears all round better quality than my previous one (18 registered). However I have just found out that despite all previous HRV's which have owned with no spare wheel did carry a scissor jack ad wheel nut wrench. Yesterday on my way from Brands Hatch to Hailsham the Tyre Deflation light came on and I discovered it was purely due to a drop in pressure, only 1.5 psi on the offside front. So when I got to Hailsham I checked the tyres and in getting the inflator from the boot I observed that there was no jack or wheel wrench. So today I called my dealer advising them that I thought it had been missed in the PDI, only to be advised that as there is no spare wheel Honda have taken the decision to not supply the jack and wheel wrench. Apparently I can buy one from them a bit like when I chose to buy a "slim" emergency spare, which I have just transferred from car to car.
My personal feeling is that regardless whether or not I have the spare wheel you still need to jack up a deflated wheel to re inflate it with the kit that is provided, but not according to the manual apparently. I am old school and maybe I should ease back from jacking up my car to remove / change wheels.

Previous Hondas
Accord Green (02) Previously a Demonstrator (purchased 03)
CRV (Auto) Light Blue (55) from New
HRV Modern Steel (66) from New
HRV Morpho Blue (67) Honda deal
HRV Morpho Blue (18) Another deal

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Old Badger wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:08 am
Hi John

Looks interesting. Hope you enjoy it! Does it come with a sunroof? The reason I traded in my Jazz for an HRV was that Honda discontinued the sunroof in the Jazz which is a no-no for me.
There's no sunroof option in any of the Mk 4 Jazz range.

Yesterday I did about 150 miles of mainly A roads. At one stage I was following a large tractor chugging along at 35 mph and pulling a large piece of agricultural equipment. Eventually I spotted a good gap in the oncoming traffic so I floored the accelerator and the Crosstar took off like a scalded cat. That hybrid system is very responsive! There's probably a brief surge of power from the battery to start the acceleration while the engine revs up and then delivers the power.
Honda Jazz Crosstar Previously 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT

Hadleys Taxi

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:03 pm

Enjoy your new ride, John. Of the two models the Crosstar would be the one I would go for. Hopefully it bodes well for the future HR-V

I have appreciated your input and patience to my many questions on here.

Best wishes,

HT
2016 Honda HR-V 1.5 SE iVTEC in Brilliant Sporty Blue