HOORAY. At Last!

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:04 pm

I had a call from Horizon Honda SM this afternoon.
My HR-V expected with them on the 10th January. +or -.
So I should be able to pick it up a couple of days later. :D
Exactly 5 months wait! :o
Colin Lambert.
Dip Automotive Engineering.
Moderator:- Also on Karoq Forum.
Honda HR-V e:HEV Delivered 15th January '22. :D

Sharpmango

Post by Sharpmango » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:02 am

Brilliant, congrats! Be sure to post some pics when you get it!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:09 am

Thanks,
Wilco!
Colin Lambert.

threndydd

Post by threndydd » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:48 am

Hi Colin, good news!
Can I ask what the heater is like?
I was wondering if on a cold morning if the engine started at once when the heated seats were on or if there was some battery assistance.
I also wondered if you knew what was happening when the engine seemed to change gear when you floored the throttle. The salesman told me that Honda had engineered the sounds to avoid complaints about droning. Ive seen most videos and can understand when the overdrive clutch locks in but I'm sure there was more than one "apparent" gearchange.
Michael

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:55 am

Hello Michael,
I haven't got it yet, so can't really comment, as the test drive was months ago on a fairly warm day.
I gather from the Jazz forum that leaving the A/C OFF will help to keep the ICE off.
Generally considered on any hybrid type vehicle without an electric heater that to enable hyper-E-mileing, using the heated seats and heated steering wheel will be better than allowing the ICE to kick in.

I pulled away on 'E' the ICE then cut in for a few yards. You will hardly notice it if you are driving normally in an urban situation.
I took it out of Bournemouth on a 50mph dual carriageway, round a roundabout and up the slip road to rejoin. Being concerned abut the quoted 0-62 speed compared to my turbo 150BHP Karoq, I put the HR-V into 'sport' and floored it.
The slip road was slightly uphill and I was pleasantly surprised at the 'urge' with which it shot up the road,
I must admit I was not aware of any imitation 'gear changes', but i was concentrating on the amount of 'MOO'. Which was fairly loud but about the same as giving my Karoq 'full welly'. My other half has a 12 reg Jazz and it is certainly no louder than that. Personally I don't find it intrusive because it never lasts for long. Unless accelerating hard it is almost silent.
The Honda e:HEV system is designed, unlike other hybrids, to run on E as much as possible.
The hours drive round Poole and Bournemouth including the dual carriageway returned 65MPG.
I found it a very relaxing drive.
My driving is 90% urban, I go 40 miles each way every other weekend to see SWMBO which involves 25 miles on 60mph & 70mph 'A' roads which will knock the consumption, but I am still expecting at least 50mpg overall.
This will show me a 50% overall saving on my petrol bills over the Karoq. I will be 'hyper-mileing' using eco and max regen where suitable, just to see what I can squeeze out of it, consumption wise. Having seen what the best possible is, I will then revert to driving normally and see what the difference is.
I will, of course, be bursting into print as soon as I have a few HR-V miles under my belt.
Certainly worth you having a test drive to satisfy yourself.
I hope this blurb has been helpful.
C.
Colin Lambert.

AlanDi44

Post by AlanDi44 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:07 pm

Hi Michael, I took delivery on 17th December but have done very few miles since then. What I have found so far, is every time I power up, the ICE also fires up, even with the heated seats/steering wheel off (it has been fairly cold here in the Scottish Borders) and runs for a fair length of time during which time the heater also functions quickly, similar to the time my previous Civic took to heat up. The ICE then seamlessly switches off and on as required and unless you are watching the power gauge, you do not notice it.

As a first time user of a powered tailgate, I thought I had a problem with it NOT opening on occasions, until I read the manual again to find that the power has to be completely off or the vehicle has to be in P mode, which makes sense on safety grounds. The tailgate will not open in N mode, FYI.

Loving it so far.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:29 pm

Thanks from me Alan. Glad you are enjoying it. I can't wait (but I'm going to have to - a bit longer!)
Colin Lambert.

threndydd

Post by threndydd » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:10 pm

Thanks Alan that's comforting news.
Michael

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:06 am

Alan,
I am interested to know what grade you have, colour and when you ordered it?
I ordered Advance ,Khaki sand on 13th August, decided it might be a 'Marmite' colour as far as residuals are concerned, (important to me as I tend to change cars every 12-18 months) around September I changed my mind and went for red, which may have caused a delay, but I am STILL waiting. :evil:
Colin Lambert.

AlanDi44

Post by AlanDi44 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:30 am

Good morning Colin, I placed my order for an Advance grade in Meteoriod Grey Metallic on the first day orders were being taken, September? to replace my 2019 Civic, which my wife and I were both finding it increasingly difficult to get in and out of. My dealer with whom I have dealt exclusively with for over 40 years (not Honda all of that time) kept me informed throughout the wait and the Px agreed at the time of order was honoured, so no complaints. As said previously took delivery on 17th December. Very happy with colour,

Hope you get yours soon, the red does look striking.

20211218_105635.jpg

20211218_105601.jpg

20211218_105627.jpg