Electrical fault with radio and sat nav

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Davidg2641

Electrical fault with radio and sat nav

Post by Davidg2641 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:32 pm

About 3-weeks now my radio and sat nav has stopped working, no display screen and no sound made an attempts of checking the basics the fuse ok power to the display monitor is ok. Whilst I have not able to tune in FM stations, DAB, Sat Nav, or any of the other functions both on the dashboard and on the control sticks on the steering wheel all not working, says it's not receiving a signal and subsequently no stations can be tuned. I don't know if the head unit out or not. All its displaying is the Honda sign and gives an icon of a spinning circle as if the internet is buffered on display screen.
I've noticed also that's the side mirrors on both sides fold in intermittent that's separate fault.

John Ratsey

Re: Electrical fault with radio and sat nav

Post by John Ratsey » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:50 pm

Davidg2641 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:32 pm
All its displaying is the Honda sign and gives an icon of a spinning circle as if the internet is buffered on display screen.
I've noticed also that's the side mirrors on both sides fold in intermittent that's separate fault.
IHow old is your HR-V? If within warranty then it's time to phone your nearest dealer. If out of warranty then have you tried holding down the power button for a significant period of time. Here https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/man ... t-faq.html it says more than 10 seconds to force a reset. The dealers may have a firmware update which addresses the underlying problem. Just before I took my HR-V in for service last year I noticed that the infotainment system took a long time to start. I mentioned that to the dealer who said there was a firmware update but it only gets applied if people report having the problem.

I've also had a problem with my HR-V's mirrors occasionally folding at random. See viewtopic.php?t=1135 for more details (and the first post by another Dave mentions an infortainment problem).
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT