5 years this year

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Needle

5 years this year

Post by Needle » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:08 pm

Hi everyone, I bought my hrv in September 2015 (one of the first) 1.6 se navi diesel dare I say it’s been as reliable as you could hope for , 1st time start in all weathers I’ve a drive so she’s outside all year is there any one else with a similar story , I got the 5 Year service plan when I purchased the car so it’s time to move on only bought 4 new tyres & a set of wiper blades Is it a case of the devil you know,
Any advice is welcomed🤔
HRV SE NAVI Modern Steei metalic

MartinLB

Re: 5 years this year

Post by MartinLB » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:20 pm

I've never owned a car for less than 10 years, and to be honest none of them ever gave me reason to regret having bought them, they all had good things about them and some that were not , but that is life, currently into my 3rd year with the 1.5 EX manual and still enjoying it, and honestly say I've not found anything about the car I actually don't like.
Honda HR-V EX i-VTEC 1.5 manual Orchid White
previous Concerto 1.6 white, Civic EX 1.6 silver

Needle

Post by Needle » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:38 pm

Thanks Martin for your reply I must admit I’m thinking of keeping the old girl only done 27000 miles so far , my last Honda a diesel crv I had 8 years with 79000 miles on only changed because I retired & again only tyres & wipers so I think I will do as you👍

Needle

Post by Needle » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 pm

I have just read about the 6250 miles oil change on 2019 models, thank you ,you have helped me with my decision I am keeping my 2015 1.6dti & won’t be replacing my Honda hrv I willl run it into the ground, if that even possible.

MartinLB

Post by MartinLB » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 pm

Needle wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 pm
I have just read about the 6250 miles oil change on 2019 models, thank you ,you have helped me with my decision I am keeping my 2015 1.6dti & won’t be replacing my Honda hrv I willl run it into the ground, if that even possible.
I tried that (running in to the ground) on my Civic, dammed thing just kept going, passed its MOT every time, only ever wore out tyres and wiper blades, oil and filters change done (mostly) on time. :lol: That's the main reason I went back to Honda
Honda HR-V EX i-VTEC 1.5 manual Orchid White
previous Concerto 1.6 white, Civic EX 1.6 silver

stiggysawdust

Post by stiggysawdust » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:15 pm

Mine is also a Sept 15 car with the 1.5 petrol engine auto EX. I had to wait until December for delivery as it was the dealerships demonstrator and only had 400 miles on. I also have not had any problems other than the stop start rarely works as we don't do many miles. It's done 16700 miles at present and whilst I would like to change, cannot justify the cost to change as it is still like new. Other than the useless stop start system which really bugs me, I have no complaints.
Had the alloys changed under warranty as there was a problem with the lacquer, and original wiper blades were very streaky and were also replaced under warranty. I have since replaced the wiper blades again (rear one twice), but I think that is the only expense I have had.
Still one more service to come in September, which will be the last of the service plan.
HR-V i-VTEC EX CVT Morpho Blue.