Door Pulls, Cup & Bottle Holder Rubber Inserts

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Hadleys Taxi

Door Pulls, Cup & Bottle Holder Rubber Inserts

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Tue May 19, 2020 4:18 pm

After purchasing something similar for my previous vehicle which lacked any form of material damping in the door pockets, cup holders and arm rest storage, and having used them for over 8 years without issue, I purchased a set of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/YEE-PIN-Compat ... B07STZRLGP for my HR-V.

Initial thoughts are fit and finish is reasonably good. The only one I had an issue with is the insert for the glovebox (top right), which I'm now thinking I may have installed upside down. I've attached an image of what you get, and tried to lay them out as per their position in the car, stand fast the glovebox insert!

The two inserts at bottom left are for markets with the manual A/C so I've used the larger one as a further glovebox insert, and the smaller one for keeping my after market TPMS in place on the dash whilst the vehicle is parked as it is solar charged.

Rubber Inserts HRV Forum.jpg

2016 Honda HR-V 1.5 SE iVTEC in Brilliant Sporty Blue

John Ratsey

Re: Door Pulls, Cup & Bottle Holder Rubber Inserts

Post by John Ratsey » Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 am

I've never noticed the need for those perhaps because I didn't know they existed.

One bit of bling I put on my HR-V is these surrounds for the window switches https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4Pcs-Deluxe- ... 4162629524 .The contrast makes it easier to see the switches at a quick glance. I also bought something similar for the rear door handles as some people struggled to figure out how to open those doors but I never put them on.
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT

Hadleys Taxi

Re: Door Pulls, Cup & Bottle Holder Rubber Inserts

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Fri May 22, 2020 6:13 pm

The main reason for this particular purchase is it would appear Skeletor was the previous owner of my vehicle as the plastic insert of the drivers door pull was badly scratched and the rubber insert covers it up nicely. Also, as I now no longer have access to an overhead Sunglass Holder as in my previous vehicle, I'm relying on a 'spring top glasses sleeve' placed in the drivers door pocket to contain my glasses/sunglasses. The relevant door pocket rubber insert is just enough to hold it in place and stop it sliding around out of reach.

The same goes for the rubber insert for the drivers side mobile phone slot in the centre console, my Samsung S9 fitted perfectly snugly, but the insert just provides an extra level of damping to stop it knocking on the plastic when driving over lumps and bumps on the road.

Now if it could just alert me when I'm about to walk away from the car with the phone still in it, that would be perfect.

HT
2016 Honda HR-V 1.5 SE iVTEC in Brilliant Sporty Blue