Upgrading Bulbs to LED

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda HR-V
Hadleys Taxi

Re: Upgrading Bulbs to LED

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Fri May 22, 2020 6:33 pm

I'm just in the process of informing the supplier that I'm returning some of the LED's due to hyperflashing.

I've had a pootle around with what I think works for me and what doesn't, and I'm pretty happy at the moment to just havethe DRL's as LED. I'm not that fussed about upgrading the Reversing Lights as I've read mixed reviews as to whether there is actually an improvement or not.

I may at some point look at upgrading the headlights to LED, but I'll wait until I've driven the car in the dark for a few weeks or so before deciding if they are suitiable or not. One of the things I was immediately impressed with coming from my 2003 Civic to my 2010 Octavia was just how good the headlights were on the Skoda despite both vehicles having halogen bulbs. So I'll wait and see.

Regards,

HT
2016 Honda HR-V 1.5 SE iVTEC in Brilliant Sporty Blue

John Ratsey

Re: Upgrading Bulbs to LED

Post by John Ratsey » Fri May 22, 2020 9:53 pm

These bulbs https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collec ... sion-9-32v make the standard HR-V bulbs look like candles. They have an excellent beam pattern and the dipped headlights illuminate the nearside edge of the road very well. I find I have to disable the auto mainbeam function as the mainbeam is like floodlights. For me they have made night time driving OK. Previously I found it very challenging as my eyes are well past their best before date.
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT