New member says Hi from Nottingham !

New to the Honda HR-V Forums? Introduce yourself here
cb550

New member says Hi from Nottingham !

Post by cb550 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Just joined the forum and hello to the Forum and members.

Test drove the (nearly) 3 year old HRV auto we were hoping to buy yesterday and definitely impressed enough to clinch a deal.

The dealer will be delivering next thursday, so it's goodbye to previous ownerships of 5 civics and a jazz.

Hopefully the HRV will be as good to own as were all of the above :)

Geoffers

Re: New member says Hi from Nottingham !

Post by Geoffers » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Welcome aboard cb550! :D :lol: :D
Geoff in York driving a (19) Blue Diesel SE!

Previously, had 4 Jazzes - 1 #1 & 3 #2's, and a (66) White HR-V SE Navi diesel!

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:38 pm

Welcome. :)

A 2017 HR-V should be recent enough to have missed out on the problems which afflicted the early European HR-Vs.

I find the HR-V a very pleasant vehicle to drive, particularly if not in a great hurry. But if you do need some extra power then a hard push on the right pedal and a tug or two on the left paddle will cause the engine to burst into life. S mode will also make the drive more lively but, as I discovered one day when I unintentionally set the shift to S, it comes with a significant fuel penalty (about 15% for that journey) because the engine keeps running at higher revs ready to be more responsive.

Perhaps my biggest annoyance is with the touch control for the heating and ventilation. It's a safety hazard as it's necessary to take eyes off the road in order to see the controls (that said, I've figured out how to operate the demist control without looking). The infotainment system isn't much more use than a chocolate teapot - mine is permanently set to show the trip mpg.
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT

cb550

Post by cb550 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks Geoffers !

CornishDave44

Post by CornishDave44 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:31 pm

Welcome, not been here long myself. Very quiet on here compared to my old Kia Sportage website which had several posts every day. I have had my HRV for almost two weeks now and have never seen another one perhaps they are rare and less owners to take part in a forum like this oner.

cb550

Post by cb550 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:40 pm

John Ratsey wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:38 pm
Welcome. :)

A 2017 HR-V should be recent enough to have missed out on the problems which afflicted the early European HR-Vs.

I find the HR-V a very pleasant vehicle to drive, particularly if not in a great hurry. But if you do need some extra power then a hard push on the right pedal and a tug or two on the left paddle will cause the engine to burst into life. S mode will also make the drive more lively but, as I discovered one day when I unintentionally set the shift to S, it comes with a significant fuel penalty (about 15% for that journey) because the engine keeps running at higher revs ready to be more responsive.

Perhaps my biggest annoyance is with the touch control for the heating and ventilation. It's a safety hazard as it's necessary to take eyes off the road in order to see the controls (that said, I've figured out how to operate the demist control without looking). The infotainment system isn't much more use than a chocolate teapot - mine is permanently set to show the trip mpg.
Thanks John, yes realised (expected really) the vehicle offers a more leisurely rate of progress compared to our 8 gen civic 5 speed auto.Owned that car 5+years so the better half has been badgering for a change. Good has been the civic and surprisingly 'sporty' when pushed as the car is always in the right gear at the right time which overcomes 1.8's limited mid range rpm engine torque.

cb550

Post by cb550 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:53 pm

CornishDave44 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:31 pm
Welcome, not been here long myself. Very quiet on here compared to my old Kia Sportage website which had several posts every day. I have had my HRV for almost two weeks now and have never seen another one perhaps they are rare and less owners to take part in a forum like this oner.
Thanks Cornish Dave. Yes, not many really around our neck of the woods either. As I've already read from the forum here, possibly the vehicle availability when first released was limited by Honda. May have contributed to a subsequent lack of interest by the buying public (plenty of competion out there offering finance and purchasing incentives)

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:07 pm

CornishDave44 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:31 pm
I have had my HRV for almost two weeks now and have never seen another one perhaps they are rare and less owners to take part in a forum like this oner.
The main forum traffic comprises people with problems who go to forums to look for solutions and often to rant. This forum was busier during the first couple of years of the HR-V availability. A quiet forum indicates few problems and such discussion as there is often relates to maintenance, customisation and tyre replacement (I've been happily using Michelin Cross Climate for nearly a year but the weather has yet to offer a test of their winter performance).
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT

cb550

Post by cb550 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi John. Regarding Michelin cross climates, we have them on our soon departing civic. Last week when the weather in Notts and Derbyshire suddenly became a snow storm with freshly settled snow, I was out at a friend's house in Wirksworth Derbyshire. Stupidly I chose a B rode from there to nearest A road to Notts. Made it back but lost traction a number of times on that B road, the only resort was placing the car on the opposite side where there was a little more visable tarmac.

So my experiences with these tyres is that definitely worthwhile but (understandably) can't match a winter tyre (had some on a 1 series bmw and amazed how they transformed the rwd abilities in settled snow)

Return to “Introductions”