Hi from Northumberland

New to the Honda HR-V Forums? Introduce yourself here
CornishDave44

Hi from Northumberland

Post by CornishDave44 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:48 pm

I purchased a new HR-V on the 31st January having owned two Kia Sportages over the last seven years. I liked my Kia but sadly I lost my wife in November and I thought I would go for a smaller car for just me. We used to use our diesel Sportage for visits to Somerset and Cornwall, I doubt I will be doing that in future so a slightly smaller car made sense. I originally was going to get a Skoda Kamiq but ended up with the Volvo as I was very impressed with the dealership who did everything they could to help and matched a quote I had received from Car Wow.

I have been quite impressed with the Honda, I am trying to get used to driving a petrol engined car again. I have an EX variant which seems better put together than my Sportage 3, although I did enjoy owning the latter. The Sportage wins in some ways the Honda in others but after 4 days I am pleased with my choice.

Dave

Geoffers

Re: Hi from Northumberland

Post by Geoffers » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:44 pm

Welcome aboard Dave!

I hope you enjoy your HR-V!
Geoff in York driving a (19) Blue Diesel SE!

Previously, had 4 Jazzes - 1 #1 & 3 #2's, and a (66) White HR-V SE Navi diesel!

John Ratsey

Re: Hi from Northumberland

Post by John Ratsey » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:27 pm

Welcome. :D

Have no worries about taking long drives in the HR-V. A significant proportion of my HR-V's annual miles are accumulated in what seems to be an annual trip from Swindon to Scotland. However, I try to plan my journeys to be no more than around 200 miles/day with breaks every couple of hours - I get no pleasure in sitting on a motorway for hours.
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT

Return to “Introductions”