Hello from the New Forest

New to the Honda HR-V Forums? Introduce yourself here
Forestbloke

Hello from the New Forest

Post by Forestbloke » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi All,

Just picked up my brand new 1.6 i-dtec HR-V EX in Rallye Red. Managed a good deal through Carwow and am really happy with the car so far.
The dealer threw in a set of car mats and a full tank of diesel as well as a load area rubber mat.
I went for the illumination pack as an optional extra and fitted a space saver wheel.

Cheers, Steve. :)

20200112_115348_LI.jpg

Geoffers

Re: Hello from the New Forest

Post by Geoffers » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:48 am

Welcome aboard Steve!
Geoff in York driving a (19) Blue Diesel SE!

Previously, had 4 Jazzes - 1 #1 & 3 #2's, and a (66) White HR-V SE Navi diesel!

Forestbloke

Post by Forestbloke » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Hi Geoffers, thanks for the warm welcome :)

CornishDave44

Post by CornishDave44 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:29 pm

Hi Steve

As you will see I joined just after you and my car looks just like yours but it is the petrol version. I too got a quote from CarWow but my local dealer matched the quote so I went with them. I got the boot mat with dividers and floor mats but had to pay a reduced price of £92 for them. I did however get a free spoiler which I think really enhances the car. I am rather wary of not having a spare wheel, can I ask what you were charged for your spacesaver. Have you just put it in the space under the boot there is nothing to fix it to on mine.

Dave

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:53 pm

I got my space saver from Cox Motor Parts and took advantage of the forum discount https://www.hrvforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=286 . However, you can find something suitable cheaper on ebay. My HR-V is the 2016 model and has no hole for a fixing bolt. However, it's packed snugly in the well with items such an an old bright yellow waterproof jacket. 2017 onwards HR-Vs should have a hole for a fixing bolt.

A standard size wheel won't fit properly under the boot floor but, if I recall correctly, someone posted on this forum to show how they had raised the floor slightly with some wood packing. A full-sized spare provides the advantage of not having a speed restriction.
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT

tonkie

Post by tonkie » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:02 pm

CornishDave44 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:29 pm

. Have you just put it in the space under the boot there is nothing to fix it to on mine.

Dave
If like mine, the fixing bolt is under the carpet, just feel around for it and make a slit with a Stanley knife then you just screw the bolt in
HR-V SE Manual
Luna Silver, the first In Guernsey :D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonkie93/

Forestbloke

Post by Forestbloke » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:10 pm

CornishDave44 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:29 pm
Hi Steve

As you will see I joined just after you and my car looks just like yours but it is the petrol version. I too got a quote from CarWow but my local dealer matched the quote so I went with them. I got the boot mat with dividers and floor mats but had to pay a reduced price of £92 for them. I did however get a free spoiler which I think really enhances the car. I am rather wary of not having a spare wheel, can I ask what you were charged for your spacesaver. Have you just put it in the space under the boot there is nothing to fix it to on mine.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Sorry for the late response! I Hope you're pleased with your new HR-V and well done for getting such a good deal!

I got my space saver wheel from Cox Motor Parts and paid £163 for it and it came with the bolt assembly to fix it to the well floor. The wheel fits nicely in the wheel well under the load area, but I didn't bother fixing it down as it sits nicely on the carpet and means that I can place the wheel valve side up, which means it's easier to check the tyre pressure!! However, there should a threaded hole under the wheel well carpet and it's quite easy to feel for it then cut a small hole in the carpet.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Steve.

Geoffers

Post by Geoffers » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:44 pm

Here is the post I made about a full sized spare in the boot well!
https://www.hrvforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=45&p=6210#p6210 [/url]
Geoff in York driving a (19) Blue Diesel SE!

Previously, had 4 Jazzes - 1 #1 & 3 #2's, and a (66) White HR-V SE Navi diesel!

Forestbloke

Post by Forestbloke » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:24 pm

Thanks Geoffers, that's a really good resolution for getting a full size spare wheel in!

Cheers, Steve.

Return to “Introductions”