Drivers Seat Problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda HR-V
Otto

Drivers Seat Problem

Post by Otto » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Affecting our 2018 build Honda HRV VTi. the driver's seat does not stay set at my preferred height setting. I like my driving position somewhat elevated. Using the push-up/pull-down lever, I set it to my preferred height but after a week or so of driving the seat lowers (sinks) and is discernably lower.

To be more precise, it requires from 6 to 8 lifts of the lever to restore it to my preferred height after a week of driving. A week for me is around 300 km's/6hrs of suburban driving. There is nothing unusual about my physical dexterity. I am a 58-year-old male, 171cm (5ft 7inch) tall, weigh 79 kg and perfectly coordinated.

I don't think this is correct however Honda tells me it's due to, "external influence" and although I'm still in discussions with them, it appears unlikely that they will address it as it's been ongoing for many months now.

Any advice anyone?

John Ratsey

Re: Drivers Seat Problem

Post by John Ratsey » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:53 am

I'm lighter than you but in 3 years haven't had any problem with the seat going down. Nor have I, in the 3 years frequenting this forum, seen any other reports of this problem. If you weighed 150kg then Honda's response might be justified but you aren't and therefore something is wrong with the seat. Push them to swap the seat with another HR-V and see if the problem goes away.
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT

ColinS

Re: Drivers Seat Problem

Post by ColinS » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:08 pm

I'm closer to 90kg. Never had an issue.
HR-V EX CVT (2019 face lift model) Midnight Blue Beam.
Previously MKIII Jazz EX Manual

Return to “Faults & Technical”