Juddering trans or misfire???

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda HR-V
Pete hrv

Re: Juddering trans or misfire???

Post by Pete hrv » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:43 pm

I have the same problem as ounou. Petrol manual vtec , only had the car 2 months and it has been back in 3 times.
When the engine is cold under light acceleration from 1500 rpm to 2500 rpm in 3 rd or 4th gear there is a judder or misfire. Sadly the dealer is 30 miles away so the engine is warm by the time it gets there. Even leaving the car for 2 days so they can try it cold they say there is no problem. Myself and my partner can make it happen every time we drive it! They have loaned us a vetc petrol manual and it has no problem.
Today they phoned up and said it was our driving style, we should leave the car in 2nd gear upto 30 mph, ie about 3600 rpm then we wouldn’t have a problem!!
Going up tomorrow to get car back, as far as we are concerned it is unserviceable, have asked for general manager to be available so that I can demonstrate the problem.
Keep you posted.
1.5 i-VTEC, manual. Se, Black

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:00 am

Pete hrv wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:43 pm
When the engine is cold under light acceleration from 1500 rpm to 2500 rpm in 3 rd or 4th gear there is a judder or misfire. .........
Today they phoned up and said it was our driving style, we should leave the car in 2nd gear upto 30 mph, ie about 3600 rpm then we wouldn’t have a problem!!
My HR-V guzzles fuel when the engine is cold (watch the trip mpg steadly climb from a low (~15 mpg) start) but it does run smoothly at your preferred revs range. I consider over 3000 rpm for use only when extra power is needed.

I also turn off the heating system for the first couple of miles to help get the engine warmed up (but sometimes need to use the aircon-based demist to clear the windows).
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT

Ostepop

Post by Ostepop » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi, I also experienced juddering with my 2016 1.5L EX ,changed CVT oil at 36000km ,problem is gone.
Problem when accelerating between 70 -80 km/h

Return to “Faults & Technical”