Is there a next generation HRV coming

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Negativepitch

Is there a next generation HRV coming

Post by Negativepitch » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:13 pm

As it says really.
We are taking a test drive of the 1.5 cvt this weekend.
I know there is a sport coming out soon with a turbo but is there a next gen car coming out this year (not a refresh).
If there is I think we might wait.
Thanks for any replies

John Ratsey

Re: Is there a next generation HRV coming

Post by John Ratsey » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:26 pm

See my post here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=882 for a taste of what the next generation HR-V. However, while Asian markets might see it next year, I would assume it won't arrive here for at least two years given that the current model has just had a refresh (minor tweaks plus the turbo which is yet to arrive).
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT

Negativepitch

Post by Negativepitch » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:05 pm

John Ratsey wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:26 pm
See my post here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=882 for a taste of what the next generation HR-V. However, while Asian markets might see it next year, I would assume it won't arrive here for at least two years given that the current model has just had a refresh (minor tweaks plus the turbo which is yet to arrive).
Sorry to get back so late.
Thanks John,

bobzyer_runkle

Post by bobzyer_runkle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:13 pm

After much research on HR-V forums regarding the ability to have a spare wheel, I have decided to go ahead and order an HR-V for delivery in September.

Then today in a Honda showroom, the salesman mentions that a new 2020 model will cater for a spare wheel in the boot - and should be available in September!!

Has anyone heard about a new model due soon, I'm reluctant to order now if it's true?

Steve_m

Post by Steve_m » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:39 am

Its only a year model change, no visual changes, they were for 2019YM

Bob H

Post by Bob H » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:49 pm

For info.... The current HRV already has a well to accommodate a space saver spare. This can be purchased with the necessary fitments as previously posted.

bobzyer_runkle

Post by bobzyer_runkle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:30 am

Thanks for the replies

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:33 pm

A long way down this article about Honda trimming the dealer network [url]https://www.am-online.com/news/latest-news/2019/06/19/honda-uk-plans-to-cut-up-to-55-sites-in-the-next-two-to-three-years[/url] it is mentioned:

"He added: “By 2025 our retailers will have gone from having four cars in the showrooms to having seven new product lines to sell.”

Honda has recently introduced its new CR-V hybrid and the new Jazz hybrid’s April arrival will be followed by a new Civic and HR-V
."

Which confirms that a new HR-V is coming. However, there's no indication about how far behind the new Jazz. We can also be fairly sure that it will include a hybrid option. I believe the hybrid Jazz will use Honda's i-MMD system so, presumably, the HR-V will be the same.

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm

I was wondering if there's more info about the next generation HR-V and found this https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/all-n ... ign-38127/ . There will have to be something new by 2022 to satisfy Honda's announcement that all it's offerings in Europe will be electric or hybrid by then.