Carpet Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda HR-V
andy019k

Carpet Issues

Post by andy019k » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Had my Honda (2015 SE Nav) since new and the carpet by the accelerator has started to wear away quite badly with the metal underneath showing through.
Took the car to my Honda garage where the management were proactive in checking it over and taking pictures to send off, but have now heard back from Honda that they will not do anything with it, although they acknowledge that the wear is excessive.
Pretty poor customer service.
Does anyone else have an issue with the carpet wearing away at the drivers feet?

John Ratsey

Re: Carpet Issues

Post by John Ratsey » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:36 pm

I've never had problems of carpet wear either in the HR-V or other vehicles. Have your shoes got square corners on the soles/heels?
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT

andy019k

Post by andy019k » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:24 am

Just normal shoes or boots from work but nothing with a sharp edge.

The carpet has simply worn out with 2 large sections worn away to the bare metal - although the carpet is only millimetres thick so it didn't take much. They are right next to the footrest by the clutch pedal.

Just annoyed that Honda don't accept that before the 3 years was up this was an issue and addressed it.

POB123

Post by POB123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:19 am

Simple answer seems to be, buy some carpet mats. The original carpet is very thin as you say, but I've never managed to wear any out on several Hondas!

Return to “Faults & Technical”