Goodbye Honda

The place to discuss everything else..
captainkye

Goodbye Honda

Post by captainkye » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:49 pm

After these years of truly forgettable Honda experience, at last my time of swapping my company car is at hand. After 35 years of driving and car ownership, I can categorically say this has been a horrific experience all round ( various past posts on forum ). Yes it was from the South American factory, and the build quality was not just bad but in some dangerously bad. Numerous trips to the Honda dealer on a tow truck, a veritable feast of replacement parts, both mechanical and trim assembly's ( including 2 sets of roof rails and 3 sets of rusting side steps ). So bad in fact that I have only clocked 50k miles on it and have been using my own second car for business trips. It does look good in the Grey with all added spoiler kit and matching Ignis wheels, but that's where "good" stops. So if you see an HRV matching that description, walk away as it may be this one. To my knowledge circa £7k of work has been done during its lease. So goodbye Honda, I will never go so much as near a dealership, let alone purchase another one. My next car, well its a BMW 330e hopefully of better reliability and build quality.

John Ratsey

Re: Goodbye Honda

Post by John Ratsey » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:24 pm

To save us hunting for clues elsewhere in the forum, was it diesel or petrol?
Honda Jazz Crosstar Previously 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT

captainkye

Post by captainkye » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:35 pm

Diesel, on a plus, it was quite economic...…...especially when parked :)

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:08 pm

I've got a theory that since small diesel vehicles are less common in north America then the quality of the necessary components may not be up to the standard needed. The engines themselves are probably shipped in but there's a load of other sensors, etc., which might well be procured locally / regionally and it's these which tend to be the main cause of problems (not just with Honda vehicles).
Honda Jazz Crosstar Previously 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT

Steve_m

Post by Steve_m » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:21 pm

John Ratsey wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:08 pm
The engines themselves are probably shipped in
The 1.6 diesel engine is built in Swindon , that is the only factory that builds that engine.

Engine was built in Swindon and shipped to Mexico to be installed into the vehicle. US does not take diesel Honda models.