Water stain

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Deddi100

Post by Deddi100 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:25 pm

Hi Needle and Nomesb.

Thanks for the updates, all very interesting.
I read through all your old posts last week Needle, which gave me some great info.

My car is a 2017 model. It has 3 months manufacturers warranty left so am trying to use this obviously if I can!

So I phoned my local Honda dealer yesterday and explained the issue. Straightaway, they said that the Jazz had a history of this issue. No HRVs had shown the problem yet according to them. I said that I had heard of an HRV repair kit being available from Honda (your posts), my dealer said there definitely wasn't - only for the Jazz.

Anyway, it went in today (I couldn't be there unfortunately) and they told my wife there are 2 holes in the sealant. Hopeless info I know but that is all I have from my wife until I speak to them myself. They took some photos. They are going to approach Honda to see if it's covered under warranty.

So, I will see what Honda say in the next day or two.

Be very useful to know which dealer you used so I could reference them about the repair kit if things get difficult?

I am dubious about their diagnosis at the moment but will see how it plays out over next few days.

Will let you both know what happens.

Cheers for now.

Needle

Post by Needle » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:24 am

Hi Deddi 100 thank you for your reply it’s strange your dealer admits there is a jazz repair roof kit but no H-rv kit I’m afraid he’s wrong, this information may be helpful my Honda dealer was glyn Hopkins Chelmsford they have know moved to Colchester essex Honda dealership but most of the staff are still there phone number 01206 752992 parts & service or their Glynn Hopkin Honda website my problem was initially inspected by their warranty manager ((the car was in its first 3 years) he said it was definitely covered by the warranty. Even now some of the staff remember doing this work because it is a job involving a lot of work! I hope you can get this done please keep us all up to date.
HRV SE NAVI Modern Steei metalic

Deddi100

Post by Deddi100 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:16 pm

Ok thanks, Needle. I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if I can get a reference number or something for the kit, for when my people come back to me.

NomesB

Post by NomesB » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:17 pm

Hi Needle,

Thanks for your replies. As suspected, the work my local garage did has had no effect and the water looks worse. My car is no longer under warranty and when I phoned Honda they said they have no knowledge of such a fault so want £320 just to look at it! Is the fault in the black rubber seal that runs along the roof?

Needle

Post by Needle » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:37 pm

Hi NomesB I’m sorry I can’t help you on that regards the rubber seal ,my dealer took the car in for investigation had it several days then phoned me saying they had found the fault & Honda were sending a repair kit then I was kept up to date on what was happening the last update was that the roof had been sealed, a new head lining was in but I had to wait 24 hours for the windscreen sealant to cure after they had to remove & replace the windscreen .
They never told me what the actual fault was everything seemed to be hush hush as this was early in the models day’s perhaps they thought it might frighten customers away!

Deddi100

Post by Deddi100 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:22 am

Bad luck about the roof aerial.
I expect to hear tomorrow what my dealer says so will keep you informed. Also, I'll definitely phone the Colchester dealer tomorrow as well to try to get details of the repair kit if I possibly can.

Deddi100

Post by Deddi100 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:52 pm

Small update:
Honda Colchester guy said there is no repair kit as such. Said he had one in last year with this issue and required interior trim panels to all be removed and water test to be done. Something to do with the weld where the roof joins the side panels.
Couldn't help me with yours Needle without the registration number.
He told me to call Honda UK for more info.
I am waiting for my dealer to phone me with an update and to explain to me what they think the problem is as my wife couldn't really remember!

Needle

Post by Needle » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:05 pm

HiDeedi100, well Colchester has admitted there IS a fault with some H-rvs as the panels of that car would not have been removed & a water test would not have been needed to check the weld so armed with that information your dealer needs to act on that & liaise with Colchester I hope any body with this problem puts pressure on their dealer or perhaps Honda uk .
If no joy I’m sure social media & motoring magazines would take an interest.
👍

Needle

Post by Needle » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:56 am

Hi Deddi 100 & NoamesB Latent defect provision of the consumer rights act, I came across this on this sight referring to another matter this is where a defect has shown itself latter in the products life so this may give you some extra support to your claim worth a read or contacting your citizens advice centre if no joy from Honda👋

Deddi100

Post by Deddi100 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:26 pm

20220125_212351.jpg

Great stuff Needle, thanks. All good info for me if I need it.

I spoke to my dealer and managed to get the photos this evening that they took of my car and talked me through them.

She hopes to hear tomorrow if warranty will cover it.

Until I can look at the car properly in the daylight, their verdict and the photo evidence does seem to be a likely cause of my problem.

There is some thick black sealant that is around the area where the roof rail drains finish at the back of the car and are visible atthe top of the boot opening with the boot open. There is a drainage channel hole obviously visible on each side and there appear to be small holes/tears in the sealant on both sides. I cannot see how I could have caused this so hoping they'll pay.

However, it won't be a big job so worth a try to see if it works even if I end up paying which I will try not to! If it doesn't work, then it'll be discussion time about your issue!

Photo attached for info with crude arrow pointing towards crack in sealant.

As I say, I'll be interested to see it in the daylight myself.