Delivery dates - are they running late?

All Honda HR-V related discussions
ronsp

Post by ronsp » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:46 am

Douglasco,
I would suggest face to face, that way they can't fob you off with the sales exec by saying the sales manager/general manager are busy/not in. At least one or both should be in or available to talk to you, I know my dealer is open tomorrow even though they are based in Scotland.

lizzie-murphy

Post by lizzie-murphy » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:54 pm

Thanks for all the great replies. I ordered Crystal Red from a reasonably large deal - Holdcroft in Stoke on Trent. Please keep your fingers crossed for me because my Civic was innocently written off while parked and I'm trying to cope without a car because when I paid the deposit I was told early Feb.

Sharpmango

Post by Sharpmango » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:58 am

Hi Folks - New forum member here and soon to be new HRV owner here too! I've bought an Advance HRV just before the Christmas 'price rise'. It's due to arrive late March. I'm happy to wait as I'll get a '22 plate HRV. It's kind of crazy how popular Honda is in China right now with 1 year waiting lists for the Vezel. Hopefully this doesn't impact us at all as we have right-hand drive and Honda have a set allocation for certain markets. Not sure why reviewers are so sniffy about Honda always. There always seems to be an inbuilt bias in favour of certain manufacturers. I don't know if the HRV is objectively the best crossover coming out, I don't particularly care for that. I know I'm happy with my choice and very excited, and that's enough!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:35 am

Welcome!
I for one agree about the apparent prejudice from certain reviewers, together with the abysmal lack of knowledge about the Hondas they test, Especially those idiots who cannot be bothered to do their homework and think it has a CVT gear box.
Have a look at the other comments regarding delivery times. I have been waiting nearly 5 months! and sill no sign of it!!r
Hopefully they will get off the pot and get their @rses in gear soon, or they will start getting cancelled orders.
Here's hoping to see some soon!
Colin Lambert.
Dip Automotive Engineering.
Moderator:- Also on Karoq Forum.
Honda HR-V e:HEV Delivered 15th January '22. :D

hrvbuyer

Post by hrvbuyer » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:41 pm

Just got a confirmation from my dealer that the HRVs which were supposed to arrive in 1st/2nd week of Jan have been delayed and they would now arrive by end of Jan.

Cyclewalkbob

Post by Cyclewalkbob » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:37 pm

Just been told that my Platinum Pearl White is due at the dealers on 10th Feb, a week earlier than first told.

I am pleased if this happens but will not be picking up till early March to get the new 22 plate.

Hey it might mean I get more if and when I trade it in, however that did not matter much when I traded my 08 CRV for the new HRV

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:44 pm

I was given a firm offer at the beginning of December, firm until 31/12 of £27,000 for my Karoq. HR-V was delayed and so that offer expired.
Sales Manager rang me today and told me that 'CAP' quoted a loss of £1,500 on my car since December although the retail prices had not followed suit.
However he did manage to get a firm offer (he is not retailing my Karoq,) preferring to trade it) via a trade placement agency similar, I assume, to 'Motorway' of £26,800 so I am a very happy bunny, it only costing me an extra £200 when I was expecting that it may cost me £1,000, all because of Honda's poor delivery system.
Colin Lambert.

Deleted User 1802

Post by Deleted User 1802 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:19 am

Thanks for the info Colin. I will contact my dealer this morning and if they don't stick to the agreed px figure I was quoted in September they can do one.They told me I must keep my mileage within one thousand miles of what it was when they gave me my px price and I have kept to that.
Last edited by Deleted User 1802 on Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyclewalkbob

Post by Cyclewalkbob » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:28 am

My dealer promised me that my trade in car value would not change even if it was delayed.

Mind you an 08 CRV with 110,000 miles on the clock would get no where near your figure Colin!

Did see though same car, year younger with 5,000 less miles on the clock advertised for double the price I am getting!

Not sure to try selling privately to see what I would get?

Cheers

Bob

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:34 am

Bob,
Worth having a 'discussion' with your dealer. New CR-Vs are not available (apart from very low stock nationwide, most 'Black Edition') so prices are pretty firm. Obviously the age and mileage may be against it although it is below average mileage for the age.
Good luck.
Colin Lambert.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post