Honda Follow-On 2 Year Service Plan

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Hadleys Taxi

Honda Follow-On 2 Year Service Plan

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:52 pm

I noticed a few weeks back that Honda are offering a Follow -On 2 Year Service Plan https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/follow-on.html for those that have just completed the 5 Year Service Plan at a cost of £525 petrol or, £565 diesel.

Form the main blurb it appears to be a good deal;

"As one of our most valued customers, you can take advantage of our Follow-On 2-year service plan, to help make sure your Honda continues to run like clockwork.

The package consists of 2 years servicing* - providing your car with a comprehensive service each time - as well as 2 years MOT and 2 years Roadside Assistance at no extra cost. All giving you that that added reassurance and peace of mind. Plus, the cost is fixed and spread over 20 monthly payments."

However, from the T&C wording, this plan only offers a 12 & 12+ Service, and does not include things that are due for replacing in years 6 and 7;

"Exclusions

The plan does not cover any additional maintenance work, parts or necessary adjustments that are not part of the periodic servicing schedule such as:
➢Tyres, interior trims, glass, seat covers, pads, frames, springs, headrests, seat belts, sheet metals, water ingress, bodywork, seats and aerials
➢Any parts or services not listed in the Service Schedule
➢Fluid top-ups between services
➢Any repairs required following a MOT test failure."

Despite having done only 38k miles, my next service will be the 72 months or 75k miles, which ever it reaches first, and will require the Fuel Filter (£174) and the Iridium Spark Plugs (£197) replacing. I may have to pay for more items at this service as currently I cannot gain access to the One Off Services Pricing or what it includes https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/servicing.html, anyone else have this issue?

If I am reading this right, far from offering a 'Comprehensive Service', you are still going to be hit with a (possibly very unexpected) very large bill for items that are part of the Service Schedule, but not part of the Service Plan.

Thoughts?
2016 Honda HR-V 1.5 SE iVTEC in Brilliant Sporty Blue