Ditching the Wheel Jack

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Hadleys Taxi

Ditching the Wheel Jack

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:28 pm

Afternoon All,

If we run with the scenario of not having a spare wheel in the HR-V, what items from the OSR lidded storage compartment could I dispense with? In what situations would I still require to use the scissor jack if I don't have a spare?

I am looking to use that space for storing items that I would use on a more regular basis. The boot area is set up for carrying dogs, so to get access to the underfloor storage area requires pulling backhttps://youtu.be/H2WahDAWSV8, removing the Honda Rubber Boot Liner and a dog bed!

Many thanks.

Regards,

HT
2016 Honda HR-V 1.5 SE iVTEC in Brilliant Sporty Blue

John Ratsey

Re: Ditching the Wheel Jack

Post by John Ratsey » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:51 pm

Good question! The jack is provided to cover the situation when there might be a spare wheel and when did you last use a jack? My Crosstar has nowhere to put a spare wheel (other than in the boot) and has no jack. In the past I've always liked to carry a spare, even if only a spacesaver, but rural mobile phone coverage has now improved sufficiently that it would be very bad luck to have a big puncture problem in a place with no phone signal so unable to call for assistance.
Honda Jazz Crosstar Previously 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT

Hadleys Taxi

Re: Ditching the Wheel Jack

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:06 am

Thanks for the input, John.

I had a word with the Service Staff last week whilst my vehicle was in for some remedial work, and they suggested to just keep everything, "Just in case."

It's a pity Honda did not put a lidded cubby on the opposite side of the boot for 'Nice To Have Handy' items, especially with the cold weather coming upon us; it's already getting dark by 2130!

I'll mull it over.

Regards,

HT
2016 Honda HR-V 1.5 SE iVTEC in Brilliant Sporty Blue