So, how Black is Ruse Black?

All Honda HR-V related discussions
TartanB

Post by TartanB » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am

When we ordered our ‘Ruse Black’ HRV in September, we had no idea what Ruse Black would look like – the dealer didn’t have a colour sample. We ‘chose’ it simply because we could get a faster delivery if we took that particular colour, If we had all choices available we likely would have selected Modern Steel, similar’ish to the Polished Metal of our Jazz which we are replacing.

However having now this Tuesday taken delivery of the new HRV, we now finally know what Ruse Black looks like, it’s somewhere between the Ultimate Black of our XF and the Polished Metal of our Jazz. The photo should give you an idea.

IMG_5628 edited.jpg

We actually quite like it, it’s got a definite slight purple hue, which allegedly according to a poster in Malaysia becomes more pronounced in the sun. We’ll have to wait a few months to verify that!

Musetheruse

Re: So, how Black is Ruse Black?

Post by Musetheruse » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:17 am

We too have ruse black ex manual petrol on order delivery due end of Jan 2016. It is nice to see a British version as our colour choice was made by looking at Indonesian, Malaysian and Australian models on the web. Managed to look at a dealer colour sample last Month whilst sun was out. Looked very nice. Hope you enjoy. Very envious still one month to go....fingers crossed.

colour derived from the ruse black Lenten rose also called Christmas rose.
Honda Hrv 1.5 I-vtec Ex Manual Ruse Black Metallic Staffordshire

Relphie

Post by Relphie » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:33 pm

Love my turbo in Ruse Black. The sports from in gloss black is a great contrast and brings out the colour even more
1.5 turbo in Ruse Black. LOVE IT

willsinc

Post by willsinc » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:28 pm

We love our Ruse Black, the purple tinge changes with variant light.
My HR-V: 2019 HR-V 1.6 EX Diesel, Ruseblack.
Previously Civic SE 1.6D

Return to “Main Honda HR-V chat”