Steve_m wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:09 pm
IN is the US dealer system. Not for Europe
So its another dead end :(

Panther

Re: Upgrading Stock Head Unit to Navi

Post by Panther » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi everyone,
I would like to give an update on progress related to my 1st post....its good to begin with but a depressing end :|
By end January Steve helped me with the unlock code and the microphone wiring diagram. The unit unlocked successfully and I bought a GPS antenna and a cabin light with built in microphone from used car parts. Wired up the unit and all turned out perfectly except that the Garmin was showing base map with no details at all.
I approached Garmin and they told me that unit is locked for a particular region and it cannot be changed.
Steve also suggested me Cmdroid for installing "waze" for navigation.
I successfully downgraded the firmware , installed Mike permissions and installed WAZE and some other software that worked perfectly.
I also found that screen mirroring was also functioning very well and my sygic navigation was also working just fine. I was so happy with the end result.

Now the tragic part:

I went through different options in settings menu and "change skin" option was new to me so I selected it and the system rebooted to new layout that looked awesome but I couldn't find the mirroring arrows in that new layout so i reverted back to normal layout. But with WAZE navigation working fine I decided to get back to new skin after few days. Got the same notification that system will reboot and I went ahead but the system kept rebooting again and again for over 5-6 minutes. I turned off the unit and restarted it but no change. Here is what I have done till now :

a. disconnected battery for over 15 minutes. No change
b. tried to boot the system through USB with firmware RC6, It updated fine with progress bar and at the end got the message update successful and USB can be disconnected but at restart it still remained in that loop.
c. Again booted with USB having RC8 successfully but no luck

I feel that I need to do a factory reset to get my audio working again but unfortunately it is not booting up to the point that soft keys get illuminated. The reverse screens powers up but without guidelines. I don't want to lose my unit specially with so much of effort that had gone into it. Please help me recover it.
Regards

20200221_113728.jpg

20200221_113613.jpg

20200205_173024.jpg

20200131_174348.jpg

Panther

Re: Upgrading Stock Head Unit to Navi

Post by Panther » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:45 am

I have been searching different forums to find out the solution to my problem. One such thread is on unlocking a bricked unit, (through my unit might not be bricked and recoverable but i am not getting any clue how to do that):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/mtcd-android-head-units-general/guide-how-to-unlock-bricked-mcu-units-t3748646

To proceed further i need to know the MCU ( Micro controller) code from within the android settings which I cannot as the unit doesn't fully boot up. I would therefore request the members who have the 2017 Model HR-V having model as per the attached picture to share the photo of the relevant screen as shown in the video at 15th second in the above thread.

Any help will be appreciated.

20200119_155819.jpg