FAVOURITE FEATURE

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Bob Hornby

FAVOURITE FEATURE

Post by Bob Hornby » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:29 am

I am sure all of us HR-V owners love our cars for many different and multiple reasons. However I am thinking that we all have one feature which stands out above the rest and thus our favourite.
Mine is the Auto Hand brake (my car is a MY15 model - Australia spec 1.8 litre) It would be even better if it was active as a default so I don't have to switch it on each time I start the engine.
My least favourite (read HATE) is the door auto lock system as it is not consistent, some times locking the doors and other time not so.
Bob

tonkie

Re: FAVOURITE FEATURE

Post by tonkie » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:03 pm

Got to be Magic Seats for me, having helped move my daughter worldly possession twice, it’s amazing how much stuff we got in, in fact we got It all in the second time when bringing her “back home” :shock:
HR-V SE Manual
Luna Silver, the first In Guernsey :D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tonkie93/

MartinLB

Post by MartinLB » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:05 pm

;) I'm stuck between the auto brake hold like Bob Hornby and the sun roof which was my #1 on the wants list Hmmmm thinking......... :P

Sorry Bob its the sun roof :lol:
Honda HR-V EX i-VTEC 1.5 manual Orchid White
previous Concerto 1.6 white, Civic EX 1.6 silver

Geoffers

Post by Geoffers » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:52 pm

Hmmm! For us it's the magic seats, the electric handbrake (the auto off), and easy to get in and out of!
Geoff in York driving a (19) Blue Diesel SE!

Previously, had 4 Jazzes - 1 #1 & 3 #2's, and a (66) White HR-V SE Navi diesel!

Old Badger

Post by Old Badger » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 am

Bob, that’s a great question! We love our HRV especially the sunroof, the Magic Seats and the auto handbrake- fantastic features that make this car really special for us.

Funnily enough, we were thinking about a replacement ( ours is coming up to 4 years old). Apart from another HR-V 😄 the best option seemed to be a Skoda Karoq. The press raves about it. So we went to check it out at the showroom. Very nice car, full of features...but we both realised that Magic Seats are simply non-negotiable. In the Skoda you can remove the back seats (which weigh a ton and where would you store them?) but for sheer convenience and practicality nothing comes close to Magic Seats!

I think we’ll wait for the next model HR-V and hope that they don’t drop its best features or make it bigger or add some other stupid marketing-led “improvement” that debases the original brilliant concept.

Old Badger

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:33 pm

It's diffcult to nail down one favourite feature but overall it's the generous and flexible internal space given the modest external vehicle size. The Magic Seats are part of that formula given the near flat folding seats for maximum load space (a feature that's not appreciated until encountering another vehicle where the folded rear seats still leave a big hump). Flipping the seats vertically is used less often but still comes useful from time to time.
My HR-V: 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT Previously Mk 3 Jazz SE i-VTEC CVT

AuldYin

Post by AuldYin » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:48 pm

For me it's the ease of getting in and out along with the CVT and a really nice vehicle to drive.

Return to “Main Honda HR-V chat”