3rd Gen HRV

All Honda HR-V related discussions
ronsp
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by ronsp » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:26 pm

Just come back from my dealership having placed an order for the new HRV.

Managed to convince the general manager (known him for more years than I care to remember) to order the Advance trim in Sand Khaki (no charge option) and Crystal Red (£750) as I am not 100% sure about the Khaki Sand (at present I have a CRV SR 2WD Hybrid in Crystal Red).

The deal is conditional on seeing the HRV in the "flesh" and satisfactory test drive. Test drive will be late September/more likely early October with deliver for Elegance early December (Crystal Black mid November), Advance mid/late November (Platinum White Pearl early December) and Advance Style Midnight Blue Beam Metallic and Silver Roof early December (no dates for any of the other colours showing at the moment).

Honda in their wisdom have changed the trim ID.
Elegance (SR)
Advance (EX)
Advance Style (EX/Sport)

Old Badger
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Old Badger » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:48 am

Does anyone know if the sunroof will still be available?? Deal breaker for me

ronsp
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by ronsp » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:13 am

My sales exec sent me the Honda bulletin on the new HRV and sorry to say for the UK there is no mention of a sunroof, it may be a factory fit option (still waiting to see what options are available). Configurator will be on the website later this month. The sunroof is available in Japan.
Will let you know if my dealership comes up with the options next week.

rjspk
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Post by rjspk » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:13 pm

Agreed that having the sunroof is a very important option..a deal breaker for me also if i was to consider upgrading to this model...having enjoyed this on my original 2015 HRV EX model ..be a major shame oversight by Honda if now not available on their new model as being a significant reason for buying the HRV - otherwise I fear they will lose sales to their other models especially the Jazz as cant see any major reason going for the HRV otherwise

ronsp
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by ronsp » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:24 pm

The new Jazz has no sunroof option. Over the years had a preference for a sunroof but more recently decided it was not a deal breaker as I very rarely opened the roof and was glad of the extra head room.

User avatar
MartinLB
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:26 pm
Location: Hampshire

Post by MartinLB » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:40 pm

ronsp wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:24 pm
The new Jazz has no sunroof option. Over the years had a preference for a sunroof but more recently decided it was not a deal breaker as I very rarely opened the roof and was glad of the extra head room.
No sunroof would be a deal breaker for me it was #1 on my list of wants, besides when it's open you have massive headroom :D
Honda HR-V EX i-VTEC 1.5 manual Orchid White
previous Concerto 1.6 white, Civic EX 1.6 silver

User avatar
Colin Lambert
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:28 am
Location: Poole, Dorset.

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:05 pm

Japanese sunroof DOES NOT OPEN according to the 'Vezel' videos and has the most ridiculous physical shades that you have to clip on and off by hand on the rear section. The front section has a roller blind.
I am very keen on pan roofs having had one on 3 of my Skodas and others.
I have written to Honda about it and they confirmed there is no sun roof planned for UK. BIG MISTAKE! and my comments would be passed on.
I would go for Advance if there is no sunroof as I am not prepared to waste my money on the other upgrades of the Advance Style, especially a banging stereo system. they seem to be rather keen on those as they put one in the Crosstar.
May I suggest all those who either want one or who will NOT buy without it, Write to Honda customer services.
I am prepared to buy, subject to test drive and replacement of the peep-peep horn (also mentioned to Honda) but if it has no sun roof AND a black head lining, they can forget it. I am not a bat and I don't live in a cave! :lol:
Colin Lambert.
BTech Automotive Engineering.
Moderator:-Kodiaq & Karoq Forums.
Dip Mech Eng.

User avatar
Colin Lambert
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:28 am
Location: Poole, Dorset.

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:11 pm

Old Badger wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:48 am
Does anyone know if the sunroof will still be available?? Deal breaker for me
See my post below.
Colin Lambert.
BTech Automotive Engineering.
Moderator:-Kodiaq & Karoq Forums.
Dip Mech Eng.

User avatar
Colin Lambert
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:28 am
Location: Poole, Dorset.

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:26 pm

ronsp wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:26 pm
Just come back from my dealership having placed an order for the new HRV.

Managed to convince the general manager (known him for more years than I care to remember) to order the Advance trim in Sand Khaki (no charge option) and Crystal Red (£750) as I am not 100% sure about the Khaki Sand (at present I have a CRV SR 2WD Hybrid in Crystal Red).

The deal is conditional on seeing the HRV in the "flesh" and satisfactory test drive. Test drive will be late September/more likely early October with deliver for Elegance early December (Crystal Black mid November), Advance mid/late November (Platinum White Pearl early December) and Advance Style Midnight Blue Beam Metallic and Silver Roof early December (no dates for any of the other colours showing at the moment).

Honda in their wisdom have changed the trim ID.
Elegance (SR)
Advance (EX)
Advance Style (EX/Sport)
The Japanese persist with their silly names. The top of the range. Vezel is called the 'PLAY'??? The original U.K. HR-V (which I had) was 'The Joy Machine" complete with a net pocket on the right side of the passenger seat, shown in the advertising blurb, with a banana stuck in it! They completely misread the customer demographic for the original HR-V as they now have with the Crosstar. The young reviewers often commenting on the advantage of the water repellent seat fabrics for when the oldies have a little accident. Honda in their wisdom aim the Crosstar at the younger generation when, as usual, we old farts go for it for the extra height. Unless you are 6ft+ in which case it wont fit with the drivers seat at full height.
(stupidest name I came across was the Mazda BONGO which 'translates' to 'Moving Cottage!!!)
Colin Lambert.
BTech Automotive Engineering.
Moderator:-Kodiaq & Karoq Forums.
Dip Mech Eng.

Needle
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:50 am
Location: Essex

Post by Needle » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Hi every body well I was really expecting a glamorous launch & contact from the Honda dealers nothing at the moment has come from them ,everything has come from individual persons on this site a real pity .
I have now found out that the Toyota Corolla cross is coming to Europe in 2022 & I may now be looking to keep my mark 2 hrv for another year to see what options would be available on both models & to see what problems ( if any) show up on the new Hrv.
I’ve had Honda for the last 15 years but they still only offer a 3 year warranty, Toyota have launched a ten year warranty or a1000000 miles if you have a service completed by them. It’s a shame Honda is not fighting other manufacturers like Kia MG etc.
HRV SE NAVI Modern Steei metalic

Post Reply