ALL-NEW HR-V TO JOIN HONDA'S ELECTRIFIED LINE-UP IN 2021

All Honda HR-V related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Re: ALL-NEW HR-V TO JOIN HONDA'S ELECTRIFIED LINE-UP IN 2021

Post by Rob » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:11 am

New Honda HR-V small SUV gets hybrid power, a family-friendly interior and sporty looks.

Honda has unveiled the latest generation of its popular HR-V compact SUV, available with a powerful and responsive two-motor e:HEV powertrain as standard for the first time. The all-new HR-V delivers exceptional hybrid efficiency and advanced safety and technology features, all incorporated into a bold and sleek coupe-inspired form designed to enhance the class-leading interior space and comfort the nameplate is known for.

Available in Europe from late 2021, the new HR-V is the latest model in Honda's line-up to wear the e:HEV (hybrid electric vehicle) badge, following the refreshed CR-V and all new Jazz that launched in 2020. It expands Honda's electrified line up as the brand moves further towards its goal of electrifying all of its European mainstream models by 2022.

Premium SUV styling
The next-generation HR-V e:HEV achieves a distinctive SUV presence in a compact coupe-inspired design. The new model embodies the brand's seamless, clean, modern design philosophy seen in other recent new Honda models, that follows the key concepts of function and beauty.

The design includes a new bold integrated grille, while the body shape incorporates a long bonnet and sharper, more vertical sides to ensure there is no impact on interior space. The bonnet centre is low and flat, with a shoulder line that flows to the base of the A-pillars, projecting a sense of stability and security that further enhances the SUV aesthetic.

Exceptional space, comfort and utility
The all-new HR-V achieves a compelling combination of premium SUV styling and exceptional spaciousness thanks to the clever packaging of its hybrid drivetrain components. As a result, the HR-V retains its predecessor’s class-leading interior space, with four adults able to sit in maximum comfort.

As with the exterior, the spacious interior has a solid, premium SUV feel, but with contemporary fabrics and soft-touch materials. The modern minimalist aesthetic, which is initiated by the horizontal sweep of the instrument panel, is the result of an uncluttered interior and dashboard, with each element carefully positioned to contribute to the sense of space. The feeling of airiness and space is elevated by a new air diffusion system that creates a curtain of fresh air beside and above passengers, flowing from unique L-shaped vents positioned in the top corners of the dashboard.

Thanks to Honda's compact, integrated powertrain technology and centre tank layout, the all-new HR-V also retains the versatile Magic Seats that offer both 'fold-flat' or 'flip-up' seat flexibility, depending on cargo space required.

The all-new HR-V e:HEV will be available in Europe in late 2021. Customers can register their interest now on the Honda website:

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/hr-v-h ... erest.html

9223968E-B605-4408-924D-524AFDEBB08D.png

7D50C880-4FB6-480C-8A5B-739C6F137DE1.png

524E345D-D598-4B97-9FA9-B20ACC2D3DAA.png

07BBBD59-F63A-4CF0-86F1-F0E701B6D1AB.png

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:30 pm

MartinLB wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:40 pm
Had a long chat with Honda about the new HR-V, towing limit, if they get round to offering a tow option will be limited to 650KG (or less) which should just about cover a small garden trailer :cry: and only being offered in automatic, manual drives are being stopped :cry: and even the CR-V tow limit is next to useless.
I think the previous HR-V was described as a "cross-over" whereas the new one is called a "compact SUV". The U in SUV means "utility" and I would have expected one of the basic utility functions to be reasonable towing capacity. Otherwise it becomes a UINO (Utility In Name Only) but will still be of interest to those who only want a Chelsea tractor. Given that the electric motor provides excellent torque perhaps the problem with towing is that it needs additionalf testing to establish another set of operating rules for the hybrid system (plus a load-sensing tow hitch so the vehicle knws when it is towing something).
Honda Jazz Crosstar Previously 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT

MartinLB

Post by MartinLB » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:50 am

From what I've read with electric cars that use over run on braking to re-generate power the extra load from a "towed" unit might over load the system, but knowing how a unit braking system works as soon as the vehicle slows down then the brakes on the unit start to bite, so the over load scenario doesn't come into play, now an un-braked trailer would be a different case.
Still if a Teslar X can tow a 2200kg unit safely then the problem is not impossible to solve, just a willingness of the manufacturer.
Caravans are a huge section of the motoring industry and cannot be ignored by the motor trade IMHO.
Honda HR-V EX i-VTEC 1.5 manual Orchid White
previous Concerto 1.6 white, Civic EX 1.6 silver

Hadleys Taxi

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:42 pm

Are caravans a priority for manufacturers when going forward with electrification? I no longer travel the length and breadth of the UK as I once did for over 20 years, but I cannot recall ever seeing a charging station that was set up for vehicles that were towing. The majority of the charging stations near me are in multi storey car parks where caravans, and motorhomes for that matter, are excluded. Even the ones in the open are set up in such a way that even small trailers would block access around the carpark or road.

I'm aware that caravaning is popular in Europe, but I am not aware of seeing that level of use mirrored when travelling in the US, Australia, the Middle and Far East. Perhaps, EV's could be the death knell of the caravan?

On another positive note, good to see air vents for rear seat passengers, and I quite like the look of the individual rear passenger reading light. Wondering if that rear centrel console cup holder is blocking another power outlet!
2016 Honda HR-V 1.5 SE iVTEC in Brilliant Sporty Blue

Hadleys Taxi

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 pm

This video just appeared on my YT timeline, it may be of interest to those that do not like the style of the grill in the above images.

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:04 am

Thanks, itshows some interesting features and perhaps too much bling. The hatch door appears to be power-operated and carries the cover up out of the way. However, will it be easy to remove the cover should the boot be fully loaded? What's the thing under the nearside wing mirror?
Honda Jazz Crosstar Previously 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT

Hadleys Taxi

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:29 pm

I will be surprised if the electronic tailgate is standard across the range.

That style of boot cover tends to be of the unclip to remove or unclip one section and the rest retracts.

As for the NS wing mirror protrusion, my first thought was Lane Watch Camera, but that is mahoosive!

Liking the cup holders built into the rear arm rest. That they have replaced the current multi adjustable front ones with plainer ones, not so much.

Initial impressions seem to indicate there may be quite an increase in the rear boot volume, which I would appreciate.

Also the doors now cover the door sills which a lot of people seem to like as it prevents mud and dirt getting on clothing as you get in and out. I've never really had an issue with the current set up, and find it a lot easier to remove mud and road spray from the plastic covered sills with the appropriate brush.

Needle

Post by Needle » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:09 pm

Yes it’s all fine for the jazzy music & young Japanese people , but as a person from the old school I’m only interested in facts & figures which seem to be in short supply.
I want to know what spec is offered & how much what warranty is offered & how this car is as good or better then the vehicles from other manufacturers.
How this hybrid compares to say, Toyota. :( 8-)
HRV SE NAVI Modern Steei metalic

Hadleys Taxi

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:42 pm

Needle wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:09 pm
Yes it’s all fine for the jazzy music & young Japanese people , but as a person from the old school I’m only interested in facts & figures which seem to be in short supply.
I want to know what spec is offered
I don't think even Honda know at this stage exactly what spec's and prices will be. The one constant that is apparent to me in all the official promo stuff released by Honda is those directly involved in the new vehicles developement seem to always 'consult', and I think that is why they have released the promo stuff well in advance of its (at the moment) late 2021 UK release to gauge feedback, and see where the can 'nip and tuck' the design, and assess what people want in their vehicle and what they are happy to spec as options, and more importantly, what they are prepared to pay either as a purchase or as a lease.

For any car manufacturer to survive they have to sell, or as is the way in the modern world, lease every vehicle they make. If Honda have any sense they will chase not only the private lease, but the fleet buyer as well. You just have to look at the route Skoda have taken, until the Octavia, their demograph was in the higher age limits, who tended to hold onto their vehicles until they were dust - both the vehicle and the owner!. From around the 2010's onwards, they changed their entire strategy to chase fleet sales; offering really great finance deals, extended servicing to 2 years or 18k miles. Unfortunately this increase in sales was at the expense of reliability, great customer service and their old demograph. They are no longer a budget brand, my vehicle as standard was around £22.5k, when its replacement came out 3 years later it started off at just under £28k.

I would read the T&C's of the various warranties you have mentioned. I looked at a number of different vehicles before purchasing the HR-V, so I cannot remember who did what, but I did see that some manufacturers with long warranties only offered 1 year breakdown, the warranty coverage diminished over the years, and those that did offer long breakdown cover did not offer European cover as standard,which is a deal breaker for me. As long as the Honda Extended Warranty remains reasonable; the dealers continue to undercut Honda UK, I will be happy to pay as the reduced price is only a couple of hundred more than what the AA's would charge over the same period, bearing in mind you have the added bonus of having the same level of warranty cover as the original 3 year factory cover.

Personally, I'm hoping Honda see sense and release an AWD version in the UK as they did in the US and Japan, I appreciated the AWD capability of my previous vehicle, and as I'm no longer in the market for a large vehicle like the CRV, and it appears the new HR-V is not going to be that much larger than the current version, it is currently ticking a lot of boxes when it comes to replacing my current vehicle.

Even that bastion of cheap no nonsense motoring, Dacia, appear to be chasing the 'jazzy music, and possibly, the young Japanese people'!

Hadleys Taxi

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:21 pm

Apparently HUK are doing the new HR-V 'European Premier' via FB at 1900 on 22 April.