New to the Honda HR-V Forums? Introduce yourself here
AnthonyR

Post by AnthonyR » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:27 pm

In the process of seriously considering buying the new HR-V. Completed two static 'sit in the car in the showroom' visits, plus reviewing plenty of YouTube videos. Will be arranging a test drive towards the end of the month and then (all being well) putting an order in. We have an '07 Civic S type diesel which had done us well so looking forward to continuing with a new Honda from Johnsons in Milton Keynes.

Anthony

hiddenvalley

Post by hiddenvalley » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:20 pm

Hi Anthony, I have a current hrv and recently tested drove the new one only because mine was being serviced at the dealers. I have no intention of buying the new model as I don't like the shape, and I also think that hybrids are more polluting. However, I was surprised at how comfy it was and perky drive . I reset the trip computer and did 30 miles and got 55mpg which I felt was good. The cabin was also very nice and roomy so I don't think you will be disappointed.

Needle

Post by Needle » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:52 am

Hi Hiddenvaley, I totally agree with you on your finding’s you haven’t said if your model is petrol or Diesel like mine the new H-Rv is very nice inside but it has a smaller boot space & the mpg is below my 65-68 I regularly get .
Im thinking of changing the car within the next 12 months there are a couple of choices I’m interested in one is not on sale till the autumn or possibly I will return to a C-rv I hope all those who have there 2022 model find it lives up to there expectations.
HRV SE NAVI Modern Steei metalic

Maccasdad

Post by Maccasdad » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:08 am

Hi Anthony
I recently swapped my EX 17 petrol hrv for a SE 70 reg. I have found this one more comfortable and it appears to have it bit more grunt. For me, having to use a mobility scooter, practicality is paramount and it seems the hybrids are losing this benefit due to batteries etc. I can still get a spare wheel in the boot as well. I have sat in a new hrv but wasn’t bowled over by the dashboard and I worry (old age) about all the technology going into these cars these days.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:27 am

Hello Anthony,
Welcome to the forum.
I have owned the NEW HR-V for 3 days now and I must say it knocks spots of the Karoq Sportline I had previously. I must admit I hated 'slopey' backed SUVs.
But I think the shape suits the HR-V to a T.
It's all a personal choice of course.
Most of the YT reviewers are talking b*llox about the the excessive 'mooing' of the ICE. If you floor it it does make a noise, but no more than my 1.5 DSG Karoq at full chat and of course it doesn't last long. Overall, it is a very relaxing car to drive.
Many of them say it has a CVT gear box, which only goes to show how ignorant and stupid they are, as they obviously have not done their homework. It has a dog clutch that locks the ICE to the transmission over about 55 -60 mph, keeping the ICE at its 'sweetspot' OR on 'kickdown' if extra 'urge' is needed, as in an overtake.
As long as you keep the heater switched OFF, it is easy to get 55-61 MPG round town. The other day on a 10 mile trip round Poole, with some serious up & down hills, I got 99.1MPG.
AS far as power is concerned I tried 'Sport' mode, kickdown at 20mph on a damp road and got BOTH front wheels spinning!!
BOOT SIZE. It is quoted at a rather measly 315 litres. BUT it has exactly the same area (WxL) as the Karoq Sportline, quoted at 521Litres. The. discrepancy I assume is due to the 'slopey' back.
The winners are the fact that the boot floor really IS FLAT with the rear seats folded and of course the 'magic' flip up rear seats. The leg room in the rear is MASSIVE.
Go and have a test drive , come back and give us your honest opinion. My money says you'll love it!
Colin Lambert.
Dip Automotive Engineering.
Moderator:- Also on Karoq Forum.
Honda HR-V e:HEV Delivered 15th January '22. :D

hiddenvalley

Post by hiddenvalley » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:26 pm

Hi Needle, mine is diesel and I used to get 65mpg but the new tyres Michelin primacy 4 have knocked this down to 60mpg, but they are good in the wet so am OK with that. I bought mine to keep and will be doing so as after 3 years I still love it until I need to buy electric but that's a long way off.

AnthonyR

Post by AnthonyR » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:21 pm

Thank you everyone for the welcome and replies. I have read Colin's piece about his test drive, along with many reviews (YouTube mainly of course) and feel I have a detailed, if theoretical knowledge of the HR-V 2022 - certainly a more accurate understanding than some reviewers. For example, one recently wrote that it has a three-cylinder engine and many of them refer to it having CVT (the Honda technical press release video I saw says it doesn't of course). As a long time Civic owner I have a soft spot for Honda and sitting in the showroom example didn't dent my view at all. Comfortable and well finished.

So, next Tuesday we are going for a test drive and subject to that we will be sorting out an order very shortly, assuming we can get a decent package deal. I have done some homework over things like the value of our Civic (modest!) and have checked the approx. insurance costs with DirectLine. I will report back on our findings next week.

Anthony

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:41 am

Well done. Don't forget to take your debit card for the deposit. I think you will need it! :lol:
Make sure you do. good search for insurance. For some reason it s group 31-35 which is ludicrous. when Kia equivalents are don round the group 13 area.
My Karoq 1.5 DSG Sportline was costing me £249 p.a. (£23 odd a month- As Aviva insisted on Aviva Plus that you have to pay monthly.-but they don't charge interest. ) The HR-V is costing me £33 a month Until renewal next October.
I continued with Aviva for simplicity, just to swap one car for another. But I am not going to continue with them unless they grow up and act sensibly. I have had quotes via the Meerkats for £250-ish from Morethan and strangely from Aviva online only.
BEWARE! The online quotes cal literally change by the hour! For the same companies.
Colin Lambert.
Dip Automotive Engineering.
Moderator:- Also on Karoq Forum.
Honda HR-V e:HEV Delivered 15th January '22. :D

hrvbuyer

Post by hrvbuyer » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:19 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:41 am
Well done. Don't forget to take your debit card for the deposit. I think you will need it! :lol:
Make sure you do. good search for insurance. For some reason it s group 31-35 which is ludicrous. when Kia equivalents are don round the group 13 area.
My Karoq 1.5 DSG Sportline was costing me £249 p.a. (£23 odd a month- As Aviva insisted on Aviva Plus that you have to pay monthly.-but they don't charge interest. ) The HR-V is costing me £33 a month Until renewal next October.
I continued with Aviva for simplicity, just to swap one car for another. But I am not going to continue with them unless they grow up and act sensibly. I have had quotes via the Meerkats for £250-ish from Morethan and strangely from Aviva online only.
BEWARE! The online quotes cal literally change by the hour! For the same companies.
@Collin: I am with Aviva too. They have quoted me £150 more for the renewal compared to what they are offering me on confused.com which doesn't make any sense.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:19 pm

Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post