Potential New Owner - Looking for advise

New to the Honda HR-V Forums? Introduce yourself here
HughW

Post by HughW » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:27 pm

Too early for me to give long term opinion, but after 2 months, delighted with my 18 pre facelift EX Auto petrol. I’ve had a look at this Mexico thing. My take is that it’s cheap labour and tax advantage. Used by a number of niche makers, including the Audi Q5 - this is my 4th Honda , the last one a Japanese built Insight - so far I can’t fault the quality on this. Re the above split hose issue - is that not just on diesels ? It does look like you’ll have to fork out a bit more just now.
2018 Metallic Lunar Silver EX 1.5 CVT - previous - 2010 Insight Es-t, ‘05 FRV, Series 1 CRV.

HRV

Post by HRV » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:19 am

Thank you All. No major mechanical/reliability issues, which is what i expect from a Honda. The air box pipe seems a minor one to worry about and the roof/body panel dents are something i will check when i go to test drive the car.

Maccasdad

Post by Maccasdad » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi there, wish I had read your post as I have just traded in my blue 17 plate EX , 13000 miles this morning for a 70 reg SE. Have to admit although the SE is minus the extras it seems to have more comfy seats than the leather and the engine does to seem to have a bit more grunt which was a big gripe I had with the 17 model. I am sure manufacturers do minor tweaks over the years. Sadly I also let it go for 17k, sorry.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post