Honda HR-V How To
Hadleys Taxi

Use the ECON Button

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:43 pm

2016 Honda HR-V 1.5 SE iVTEC in Brilliant Sporty Blue

Caroline680

Re: Use the ECON Button

Post by Caroline680 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:43 am

Thank you for that ! I had a Honda in Florida and used the ECON button but didn't realise it affected the air conditioning system, I did read the manual and it says NOT to use it in warm / hot climate temperatures / conditions. I am now back in the UK and have another HRV 2016 automatic and use the ECON button most of the time. I will now remember NOT to use it when i have my air con going which is not very often in the UK :)

Hadleys Taxi

Post by Hadleys Taxi » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:09 am

You're welcome.

I keep my Aircon on permanently, partly as a maintenance measure (prevent refrigerant pooling in nooks, crannies and corners, which can lead to leaks).

As well as cooling the vehicle on a hot day, it also aids in reducing the windows fogging up during cold and wintry days.
2016 Honda HR-V 1.5 SE iVTEC in Brilliant Sporty Blue

John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:28 pm

What I have noticed is that Econ increases the allowable difference between target and actual cabin temperatures before the auto stop-start system doesn't operate and shows the crossed out A/C symbol. It's possible that it also affects the compressor behaviour when the engine is running. I always had Econ enabled and never noticed any unacceptable side-effects.
Honda Jazz Crosstar Previously 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT