Reset frozen Sat Nav

Honda HR-V How To
mvitor

Reset frozen Sat Nav

Post by mvitor » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:59 pm

On a couple of occasions my sat nav has frozen. The Honda dealership has previously advised resetting either the android system or a complete reset of the head unit to rectify any fault with the sat nav. This erases all the stored destinations and has to be done with the engine off. I discovered another way, which can be done with the engine running, so pulling over into a lay by is in order. Go to Settings on home screen, select Apps. Select Garmin Navigator. If engine is running then a warning message will appear. Look to the bottom right and you should find data files icon or suchlike. Select icon and then select clear on new screen, and everything should be back to normal. If engine not running then after selecting Garmin Navigator as above scroll down on the new screen and select Clear Cache. I am disappointed that the Honda dealership technician did not suggest this method.

mvitor

Re: Reset frozen Sat Nav

Post by mvitor » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:48 am

To clarify, for Data Files icon, read Task Manager icon.

Dutch Finnatic

Re: Reset frozen Sat Nav

Post by Dutch Finnatic » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:43 pm

By 'frozen' do you mean a black screen? That's what happened to me today. Was helped by technician resetting it to factory settings.

If you also had a black screen, I will know what to do.

Technician did tell me the black screen probably occurred because we used an sign added to the house number, for example '16a'
Dutch

Driving HR-V Executive 2018 (model 2017)

Return to “How To”