POWER LOSS

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda HR-V
hondafan

POWER LOSS

Post by hondafan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:08 pm

While driving along motorway in torrestial rain at normal motorway speed suddenly lost power. Had to change down a gear to re-establish power. Not on cruise control at this time. Garage can't find any problem on diagnostics check as problem is intermittent. Does not occur on dry roads. Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Aerodeck97

Re: POWER LOSS

Post by Aerodeck97 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Jeez that's worrying. When you say power loss, did the engine cut out just like the stop/start system had engaged, or was it as if the gearbox was in neutral?

hondafan

Post by hondafan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:12 pm

No, the engine didn't cut out. Just temopary loss of drive through gear box. Once declutched to change gear power returned

richardfrost

Post by richardfrost » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Been having problems with loss of power but not loss of drive. See the thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=144&p=994#p994

viper_bong

Post by viper_bong » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:02 pm

A month ago I totally lost power on a stop light after the Stop/Start/Idle activated. When I open the bonnet and touch the positive terminal clamp of the battery the power came back. It turns out the nut holding the battery terminal became loose after driving it for about 4 months(bloody Mexican). I have now tighten it and put a white grease to prevent disconnection from the battery.

viper_bong

Post by viper_bong » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:36 pm

no it's metal but I think it wasn't secured properly and became loose after some few bumps.

Duncan152

Post by Duncan152 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:33 am

hondafan wrote:While driving along motorway in torrestial rain at normal motorway speed suddenly lost power. Had to change down a gear to re-establish power. Not on cruise control at this time. Garage can't find any problem on diagnostics check as problem is intermittent. Does not occur on dry roads. Any thoughts on what might be happening?
Had same trouble after washing car
Did you find out what it was ?

Jamhrv2016

Post by Jamhrv2016 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:56 am

Hi, last month while i started to drive the my 2016 hrv within one or two minutes the car loss power, shutdown and couldn't restart. The battery was okay. Road side assistance came, they tried several things, the diagnostic check didn't show any issue, they tried opening a gas line (dont know if that was exactly what they did, i know it involved some gas thing) then the car started. They told me they dont know what was wrong with it. I am worried that the car will lose power again while i am driving.

Honda hrv 2018

Post by Honda hrv 2018 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:22 pm

Hello , I have a Honda Hrv 2018 automatic and 2 days ago at 1 am the car alarm started for no reason in my yard , when I went to shut it down , I stayed for a few moments and noticed the car was clicking , I looked inside and the car was going crazy , turning headlights on from 5 to 5 minutes , clicking , the needles on the dashboard were going crazy , it felt like it was haunted . The battery died in the morning , and when I went to the Honda dealership , where I got it from, I left it there for a few hours and they ran some tests, and said that there is nothing wrong with the car. I drive home just to have it do the same stuff. Please help.