Infotainment screen completely black with 3. party keyless module

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda HR-V
kretiellerpleti

Infotainment screen completely black with 3. party keyless module

Post by kretiellerpleti » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Dear fellow HR-V owners,

I have recently purchased a HR-V (2018). To be able to rent it out through a local car-sharing service, I got installed a third party keyless module which allows unlocking and locking the doors through a mobile application.

The problem is: after the installation, my infotainment system went completely black (there is a red lamp blinking next to the CD slot, nothing else). The company installing the third party module (which is sadly not an official Honda service dealer) have checked all fuses, and even removed the infotainment unit, and still no success. Given that they lack detailed information of the setup, they told me to go to Honda. I took it to a Honda repair shop who said the unit worked fine in another car, and it must be something wrong with the installed keyless module, and told me to get back with it. However, they already tried without the keyless unit, and I would like to make this work.

So: anyone have any tips to how to proceed with a working, but unresponsive infotainment unit? Can there be any hidden fuses somewhere outside the unit which might be broken? Is there any more sophisticated reset routine than just the 10 seconds power button-push (I tried that) The unit in my car is a Fujitsu Ten Limitied FT0056a - the trim level is Norwegian "Elegance" which I suspect match UK "SE".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Jon

MartinLB

Re: Infotainment screen completely black with 3. party keyless module

Post by MartinLB » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Sounds like the 3rd party item is not unlocking the info center, the red light sounds like the "lock" on that item
Honda HR-V EX i-VTEC 1.5 manual Orchid White
previous Concerto 1.6 white, Civic EX 1.6 silver

ColinS

Post by ColinS » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:32 pm

kretiellerpleti wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:08 pm
I took it to a Honda repair shop who said the unit worked fine in another car, and it must be something wrong with the installed keyless module
I agree, it looks like the keyless entry unit is not telling the infotainment system that the alarm has been disabled.

Did you try locking and unlocking the car manually?
HR-V EX CVT (2019 face lift model) Midnight Blue Beam.
Previously MKIII Jazz EX Manual

kretiellerpleti

Post by kretiellerpleti » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:11 pm

Guys, if you were closer (and if it was not for corona) I would run and hug you both! And Colin in particular: I went out and unlocked manually (key in the door), that triggered the alarm which stopped immediately after pressing unlock also on the key fob. After that, the infotainment appears to be working as expected also when I lock and unlock using both the mobile app and the remote. Thanks again!!! (I feel a little stupid not trying before)